P.O. Box 78004 RPO Meriline Nepean ON K2E 1B1
The Movies: Premiere Edition
Imagine you could make any movie you wanted to. Imagine you could pluck someone from obscurity and make him or her the hottest star in Tinseltown. Imagine that you had control of an entire movie studio, competing with others to create a string of box office smashes. Imagine being able to use your judgement alone, deciding whether success lies with epic action pictures or lots of low budget, hammy 'B' movies.
Will the stars you've so lovingly groomed develop monstrous egos - refusing to accept that they are now too old to play the romantic leads that made them famous? You can help, but there are only so many times you can send them to fat farms and plastic surgeons.
Will you watch your movies being shot or do you want to direct the action yourself? Will you decide to innovate and introduce the talkies, color or digital sound before any of your rivals? Or will you let the other studios make the investments, leaving you to jump on the bandwagon if the new technology becomes popular?
Many of the things you've ever read or heard about Hollywood are right here in The Movies - from stars having affairs and hitting the bottle to teams of genius filmmakers creating the box office hit of the year.
Movie mogul, talent spotter or film director. You can be one or you can be all three. That's the magic of The Movies.
* Become a Movie Mogul of Legend - Design your own studio and run it from the early days of cinema through present day and beyond in Story Mode by managing studio resources, investing in RD and maximizing box office success by staying one step ahead of the competition.
* Make your own movies - Make movies that appeal to the masses in Story Mode or in Sandbox Mode you can jump into any era and create your dream movie.
* Control the destiny of your cast and crew - Fire and hire them, turn unknowns into movie stars, and take full creative control over script selection and the content of the movies you'll create.
* Play it again and again - Over 30 hours of continuous gameplay, thousands of exciting movie characters, and limitless options allow you to vary just about everything, including the violence, romance, and realism - all mixed with world events that affect audience tastes and expectations.
* Show the world your talents - Post your movies to the web for all to see.
- A version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium(R) III 800 MHz or Athlon(TM) 800MHz processor or higher
- 256MB RAM
- 8x Speed CD-ROM drive and latest drivers
- 2.4 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows(R) swap file)
- 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows(R) 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- Updated Windows Media(R) Player 9 Codecs (included)
- 800 x 600 Monitor Resolution
- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers*
Supported Graphics Cards:
ATI(TM) Radeon(R) series (7000 or better).
7000, 7200, 7500
9000, 9200, 9250, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800
x300, x600, x700, x800, x850
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) series (GeForce 3 or better).
GeForce 3, 3 Ti
GeForce 4, MX, Ti
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, PCX 5300, 5750, 5950
GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800
Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by The Movies(TM). Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.
Online Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) supported Online content requires broadband connection and the latest drivers.
Price (CAD): $19.95
(Excluding: HST at 13%)
ITEMS in STOCK:
CHECK out our NEW products!